There has always been some controversy surrounding the use of dog cages. Some believe it is cruel and not welcome in today’s pet keeping.
Our view on this matter is that theory is completely untrue. There are numerous reasons why dog crates should be used.
Do crates help with Training?
The use of dog crates is a major way towards the training of our dogs as it will teach them obedience and will assist greatly in potty training. It can provide them with a place of their own which can provide them with a sense of security, as they will treat it as their own place. Just sometimes our dogs just need to go to their own environment which they can escape all of the pressures in daily life.
The use of crates is a great way of training a puppy and teaching them the rules in which they should follow.
How long should they be left in a crate?
However, this does not mean you should leave a dog too long in a crate. A rule of thumb for a puppy is no longer than 3 hours. A new puppy will quickly learn to hold back their need for the toilet. Any longer than boredom will set in and in the long term will have adverse effects on their behavior.
The actual crate we recommend.
There are numerous dog crates available in the market today.
We say if you buy cheap then you buy twice.
The crate will have to last for the lifetime of your dog or until they are fully house-trained.
The average lifespan of an Afghan Hound is 12-14 years.
The average size of a fully grown Afghan Hound is 68-74cm
The average weight of a fully grown 26-34 kg
With all of the above information is taken into account our research has shown that the New World 48″ Folding Metal Dog Crate, is the absolute best for your Afghan Hound
- This crate is a Single door folding metal dog crate.
- New World dog crate measures 48L x 30W x 33H inches.
- It is suitable for XL dog breeds between 91 – 110 pounds
- It is a Folding metal dog crate that includes a leak-proof plastic pan & a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- As it is a folding crate it can be used for visiting family or friends or going on vacation. Can easily be transported in a vehicle.
- It has Two heavy-duty slide-bolt latches (per door) that securely lock the dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home.
- It comes with an XL dog bed that fits 48-inch long dog crates & works great as a stand-alone pet bed. The Pet bed is ideal for XL dog breeds weighing up to 91 – 110 pounds
- it will TURN YOUR DOG’S CRATE INTO THEIR FOREVER HOME! Use a pet bed in conjunction with their dog crate to entice your pet to use their crate.
- The Pet bed features ultra-soft synthetic fur & comfortable padded polyester bolster cushion around the perimeter for dogs to lay their head-on.
A wonderful dog crate and we give it a 10/10.