There has always been some controversy surrounding the use of dog cages. Some believe it is cruel and not welcome in today’s pet keeping.
Our view on this matter is that theory is completely untrue. There are numerous reasons why dog crates should be used.
Do crates help with Training?
The use of dog crates is a major way towards the training of our dogs as it will teach them obedience and will assist greatly in potty training.
It can provide them with a place of their own which can provide them with a sense of security, as they will treat it as their own place.
Just sometimes our dogs just need to go to their own environment which they can escape all of the pressures in daily life.
The use of crates is a great way of training a puppy and teaching them the rules in which they should follow.
You can see our ultimate guide on Dog Training right here.
How long should they be left in a crate?
However, this does not mean you should leave a dog too long in a crate. A rule of thumb for a puppy is no longer than 3 hours.
A new puppy will quickly learn to hold back their need for the toilet. Any longer than boredom will set in and in the long term will have adverse effects on their behavior.
The other important factor is how much water does a dog need during crate and potty training. You can see the article right here.
The actual crate we recommend
There are numerous dog crates available in the market today.
We say if you buy cheap then you buy twice.
The crate will have to last for the lifetime of your dog or until they are fully house-trained.
The average lifespan of an Argentine Dogo is 10-12 years.
The average size of an Argentine Dogo is 24-27 inches.
The average weight of an Argentine Dogo 35-45 kg.
Their origin is from Argentina.
With all of the above information taken into account, our research has shown this is the best option:
Life Stages LS-1636DD 36″ Folding Crate with Divider for Intermediate Dogs (41 – 70Lbs)
This crate can be viewed on Amazon right here.
- This crate is a Double door folding metal dog crate. As it is a folding crate it is perfect for vacations, or visiting family and friends;
- It measures 36 L x 24 W x 27 H inches & is suitable for an Argentine Dogo;
- It is a versatile 2 door dog crate includes a free divider panel, durable dog tray, carrying handle, “roller” feet to protect floors & a “MidWest Quality Guarantee” 1-year manufacturer’s warranty;
- This crate is made of heavier gauge steel and has a tighter wire mesh making it stronger than other dog crates;
- It comes with 2 heavy-duty slide-bolt latches (per door) which securely lock the dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home;
- Easy assembly & portable dog crate, Sets up in seconds with no tools required for assembly & dog crate folds flat for convenient storage or travel;
- It has a Durable design that creates a safe place for your pet while you’re away & provides for your dog’s instinctual “den” instincts. Patented rounded corner clips greatly reduce possible sharp points in your dog’s crate for a safer experience for you & your dog;
- It also comes with a: Abs-Plastic Pan.
This crate is fantastic and we have given this a 100% rating.