There has always been some controversy surrounding the use of dog cages. Some believe it is cruel and not welcome in today’s pet keeping.
Our view on this matter is that theory is completely untrue. There are numerous reasons why dog crates should be used.
Do crates help with Training?
The use of dog crates is a major way towards the training of our dogs as it will teach them obedience and will assist greatly in potty training. It can provide them with a place of their own which can provide them with a sense of security, as they will treat it as their own place. Just sometimes our dogs just need to go to their own environment which they can escape all of the pressures in daily life.
The use of crates is a great way of training a puppy and teaching them the rules in which they should follow.
How long should they be left in a crate?
However, this does not mean you should leave a dog too long in a crate. A rule of thumb for a puppy is no longer than 3 hours. A new puppy will quickly learn to hold back their need for the toilet. Any longer than boredom will set in and in the long term will have adverse effects on their behavior.
The other important factor is how much water does a dog need during crate and potty training. You can see the article right here.
There are numerous dog crates available in the market today.
We say if you buy cheap then you buy twice.
The crate will have to last for the lifetime of your dog or until they are fully house-trained.
The average lifespan of an Abruzzenhund is 12- 14 years.
The average size of an Abruzzenhund is 24-28cm
With that in mind the New World 24″ Folding Metal Dog Crate, Includes Leak-Proof Plastic Tray; Dog Crate Measures 24L x 18W x 19H Inches, For Small Dog Breed is the perfect dog crate for this breed.
- It is a single-door folding dog crate. The folding part is great when visiting family or friends or going on vacation.
- It has a leak-proof plastic pan on the floor to avoid toilet accidents on your flooring.
- It is made of solid steel however, this does not make it too heavy to fold up and move.
- It has a Heavy duty slide-bolt latch that securely locks the dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their pet home.
- It is a Folding metal dog crate that assembles easily without tools & folds flat for convenient storage, travel & portability inside & outside your home.
This crate also gives you peace of mind that comes with a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty.