There has always been some controversy surrounding the use of dog cages. Some believe it is cruel and not welcome in today’s pet keeping.
Our view on this matter is that theory is completely untrue. There are numerous reasons why dog crates should be used.
Do crates help with Training?
The use of dog crates is a major way towards the training of our dogs as it will teach them obedience and will assist greatly in potty training. It can provide them with a place of their own which can provide them with a sense of security, as they will treat it as their own place. Sometimes our dogs just need to go to their own environment which they can escape all of the pressures in daily life.
The use of crates is a great way of training a puppy and teaching them the rules in which they should follow.
How long should they be left in a crate?
However, this does not mean you should leave a dog too long in a crate. A rule of thumb for a puppy is no longer than 3 hours. A new puppy will quickly learn to hold back their need for the toilet. Any longer than boredom will set in and will have adverse effects on their behavior in the long term.
The other important factor is how much water does a dog need during crate and potty training. You can see the article right here.
The actual crate we recommend.
There are numerous dog crates available in the market today.
We say if you buy cheap then you buy twice.
The crate will have to last for the lifetime of your dog or until they are fully house-trained.
The average lifespan of a Beagle is 12-15 years
The average size of a Male 36-41 cm, Female 33-48cm
The average weight of a Male is 10-11 kg, Female 9-10 kg.
With all of the above information is taken into account our research has shown that the:
- Features durable wire construction and leak-proof pan
- Features double-latched front and side doors
- Ideal for a growing puppy
- The dimensions of this cage is:60.96 x 45.72 x 48.26 cm
- The weight of this cage is 6.62 kg
- It is constructed from durable steel wire.
- This dog crate offers a leak-proof pan.
- It has two double-latched doors. The adjustable Grow-With-Me divider is good for a puppy. But increase in size when as the dog grows, thus no further crate will have to be purchased.
- Pet parents choose from an assortment of sizes to fit their dog’s needs.
Our personal reviews.
- Because of the lightweight of this crate, the delivery driver had no problem delivering it to us.
- It was easily transported to the construction area.
- It was easily packed away neatly and fitted into the trunk of our car. Ideal for staying away or a vacation.
- The steel wire construction meant that it was strong and sturdy. Giving us peace of mind while our dog was inside.
- There is ample room for a bowl of water and some toys and treats.
- Our puppy quickly accustomed himself to his secure place and was always at ease.
- All in all the crate is a must for all Beagle owners and we give it a 100% rating.